My Day

What happens to to a disabled person during the day.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sunday Aug 10, 2008 Trip to Athol

Well another trip to Athol, MA to spend family time with the Gagnon side of my family.

Got up early, ate and washed my hair. I had taken my bath the night before. Then Dad got ready.

We were on the road by 10. The traffic wasn't bad. Weather was good on the way up. I will tell you about the weird weather on the way back later in this post.

We were there in good time. Then the family started to arrive. At least the ones that were coming. When we got there some people were going to get others or food for the get together. My Aunt Chris came up from NC alone. She had been in MA since the Wed before. Visiting friends and golfing. The people that came were 2 of my cousins, one of their wives, one of my cousin's kids with his family, the mother of one of my cousin's wives. My brother and his family. Later on a cousin of my mom's and Aunt's Chris' arrived.

We had BBQ chicken, salads, potatoes, and corn. You name it we just about had it.

My Aunt Chris gave me a belated birthday gift of a box to put odd and ends in.

Now to the trip home. I told you on the way up it was nice and sunny, pleasant. Well on the way home we ran to on and off quick showers. One minute it would rain, the next the sun was almost out. By the time we reached CT, it was dry and sunny. Now I call that New England Weather alright. Sunny one minute, rain the next then back to sunny. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home